Before getting started I'd like to point out the fact that this is the first negative review I have ever wrote - that's how upset I am.
On January 16th I placed an order from Bowery Lighting (Farmingdale, NY) for 2 Kitchler wall sconce's (45315BK) from their website. Their website stated that they had several in stock and would contact you if there was any problems. Ha! That couldn't be further from the truth!
After 3 days passed I realized I never received any shipping confirmation so I tried calling them. Of course nobody ever answers the phone there so I was forced to leave a message. I never received a call back so I decided to email them. FIVE phone calls and TWO emails later and still no reply. Two weeks after my order was placed I called again and Greg answered the phone. I explained that I was concerned because I never received a shipping notice, nobody has returned my call or email. Greg looked up my order and as he did I explained that their website showed multiple items in stock. He told me that their website wasn't very accurate and he'd have to call the manufacturer to check their inventory but would return my call in 5-10 minutes. Of course Greg never returned my call. I had to call them back and leave another message.
Greg finally called me back the next day. He said that they won't be able to get the sconces in as the manufacture discontinued this model over a year ago. Really? Over 2 weeks go by and now you're telling me this now? I asked how long it would take to get my refund and he said he'd process it right away.
Of course I never received my refund. So once again I tried calling them but I nobody ever picked up. I decided to email them once again asking for my refund (on a Friday). He replied a few hours later and said I'd have it by Monday. Monday came and went and here I am a week later and still no refund. In my opinion Bowery Lighting is a total sham! Horrible customer service, they don't stock items that they say they do and when they screw up you're going to have to fight to get your money back. I'm just baffled by the way some people conduct business. And they claim to be "The nations largest lighting distributor" - Ha! What ***!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Privacy and Data Security|
- Reason of review:
- Extremely Poor Customer Service & not refunding payment in a timely manner
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kichler 45315Bk Wall Sconce
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "Quibids have people putting up fake ads on craigslist for phones,ipads, etc. When you contact them its from a different email than the 1 they give to contact on craigslist with..."
- "After reviewing the beautiful selection of trees on the Balsam Hill website we decide to splurge and order the 7.5 ft., narrow Norway Spruce pre-lit tree. Sadly we are replacing..."
- "I just want to warn everyone who are planning to buy cheap shoes with them. I found them on Instagram and from Marikina. They are actually cheap made and bad..."
- "My son who is in the military and currently deployed recently purchased a fleece and while home on leave discovered it was too big. He did not return it before..."
- "Hi, my name is Amir Cohen. Today at 15:42 I've called your store located on 3500 main st, Buffalo. I asked to know if product 720-1054 (Fast Acting 3AMP fuses)..."
- "I have read several letters on this forem as to Gutter Helmet problems and service. 6/29/15 Just like most products, if..."
- "I HAVE USED FROM YOU FLOWERS 3 TIMES. THE 1ST TIME I SENT 3 PLANTS TO TN. I SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE ON BEING SATISFIED SINCE 1 OF THE..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."
- "Very disappointed in this builder. Sold my Maronda Homes built house, purchased this house in July and I immediately began breaking out in hives all over my body. I have..."