Bowery Lighting = A BIG WASTE OF TIME!

Before getting started I'd like to point out the fact that this is the first negative review I have ever wrote - that's how upset I am.

On January 16th I placed an order from Bowery Lighting (Farmingdale, NY) for 2 Kitchler wall sconce's (45315BK) from their website. Their website stated that they had several in stock and would contact you if there was any problems. Ha! That couldn't be further from the truth!

After 3 days passed I realized I never received any shipping confirmation so I tried calling them. Of course nobody ever answers the phone there so I was forced to leave a message. I never received a call back so I decided to email them. FIVE phone calls and TWO emails later and still no reply. Two weeks after my order was placed I called again and Greg answered the phone. I explained that I was concerned because I never received a shipping notice, nobody has returned my call or email. Greg looked up my order and as he did I explained that their website showed multiple items in stock. He told me that their website wasn't very accurate and he'd have to call the manufacturer to check their inventory but would return my call in 5-10 minutes. Of course Greg never returned my call. I had to call them back and leave another message.

Greg finally called me back the next day. He said that they won't be able to get the sconces in as the manufacture discontinued this model over a year ago. Really? Over 2 weeks go by and now you're telling me this now? I asked how long it would take to get my refund and he said he'd process it right away.

Of course I never received my refund. So once again I tried calling them but I nobody ever picked up. I decided to email them once again asking for my refund (on a Friday). He replied a few hours later and said I'd have it by Monday. Monday came and went and here I am a week later and still no refund. In my opinion Bowery Lighting is a total sham! Horrible customer service, they don't stock items that they say they do and when they screw up you're going to have to fight to get your money back. I'm just baffled by the way some people conduct business. And they claim to be "The nations largest lighting distributor" - Ha! What ***!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Kichler 45315Bk Wall Sconce
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #783836 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Bowery Lighting? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Bowery Lighting. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Bowery Lighting.
Filing a new complaint about