Before getting started I'd like to point out the fact that this is the first negative review I have ever wrote - that's how upset I am.
On January 16th I placed an order from Bowery Lighting (Farmingdale, NY) for 2 Kitchler wall sconce's (45315BK) from their website. Their website stated that they had several in stock and would contact you if there was any problems. Ha! That couldn't be further from the truth!
After 3 days passed I realized I never received any shipping confirmation so I tried calling them. Of course nobody ever answers the phone there so I was forced to leave a message. I never received a call back so I decided to email them. FIVE phone calls and TWO emails later and still no reply. Two weeks after my order was placed I called again and Greg answered the phone. I explained that I was concerned because I never received a shipping notice, nobody has returned my call or email. Greg looked up my order and as he did I explained that their website showed multiple items in stock. He told me that their website wasn't very accurate and he'd have to call the manufacturer to check their inventory but would return my call in 5-10 minutes. Of course Greg never returned my call. I had to call them back and leave another message.
Greg finally called me back the next day. He said that they won't be able to get the sconces in as the manufacture discontinued this model over a year ago. Really? Over 2 weeks go by and now you're telling me this now? I asked how long it would take to get my refund and he said he'd process it right away.
Of course I never received my refund. So once again I tried calling them but I nobody ever picked up. I decided to email them once again asking for my refund (on a Friday). He replied a few hours later and said I'd have it by Monday. Monday came and went and here I am a week later and still no refund. In my opinion Bowery Lighting is a total sham! Horrible customer service, they don't stock items that they say they do and when they screw up you're going to have to fight to get your money back. I'm just baffled by the way some people conduct business. And they claim to be "The nations largest lighting distributor" - Ha! What ***!
More Review Details
|Privacy and Data Security|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Extremely Poor Customer Service & not refunding payment in a timely manner
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kichler 45315Bk Wall Sconce
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "Dear Sir/Maddam: I have recently ran across a DS company that goes by the name The Wagon Wheel Company. Website: www.wagonwheelcompany.com Face: www.facebook.com/thewagonwheelcompany Owner: Stacy..."
- "Website states the recipient will receive within minutes usually, it has been over 24 hours and still nothing they took my money immediately out of my account but still have..."
- "I got an offer of $200 for my iPhone 5. I accepted the offer and sent them a perfect phone. Today they emailed me that upon inspection the back of..."
- "I have purchased coaches from them in 2009. The coaches didnt even last five months before the cushions started to flatten to the floor. When I purchased, them I bought..."
- "Was installed in my kitchen 3 years ago by a professional from Carpet Factory Outlet in Cheektowaga NY. It is not grouted so a sealant was applied between tiles...."
- "I purchased a coach and rocking chair set leather and coach has cracked and side and discolored badly and was rold leather was real and repair man came out to..."
- "Dealing with Consumers Kitchens and Baths was a terrible experience! I do believe that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. After they sent a man to..."
- "PRISTINE, Megan Stotts was fully oriented on required painting 7 rooms w/connecting hallways, Stotts agreed to do the entire job for $3500, with a starting date of 12 November,2016. A..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."